|Three call Friday for GMFC|
|By Glen Moore Fire Company|
|February 2, 2019|
On Friday February 1st, the Glen Moore Fire Company was dispatched for 3 separate calls.
At 12:27pm, the fire company was dispatched as part of a mutual aid response to assist Honey Brook Fire Company (33) on a reported house fire. Engine 48-5 made the response and assisted with overhaul.
At 4:26pm, the company was dispatched to assist Twin Valley Fire Department (69) with an odor investigation in the area of the PA Turnpike and Fairview Road. Volunteers made a response to the fire station but were recalled from the assignment prior to responding.
For the final call of the day, GMFC was dispatched for reports of smoke in the building in our first due. AT 6:27pm, the fire company, along with mutual aid companies, was dispatched to the Peter J. Camiel Service Plaza on the PA Turnpike. Engine 48-5 made the response with 6 firefighters followed by Rescue 48. Upon arrival, it was discovered that a motor had overheated in an air handler on the roof causing the building to fill with smoke. Ladder 69 positioned the apparatus for roof access while the crews set up ground ladders. Volunteers from Lionville Fire Company (Station 47) assisted with ventilating the interior of the building. Crews from 48 worked to shut down electric and to gas to the affected handler. The situation was quickly resolved and crews returned to their stations.
|Units:||Engine 48-5 and Rescue 48|
|Mutual Aid:||Honey Brook Fire Company (33); East Brandywine Fire Company (49); Twin Valley Fire Department (69); Lionville Fire Company (47)|